february 2023 | online
Mindfulness Based stress reduction
You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf’ /Jon Kabat-zinn/
MBSR is an educational course and involves a group of people coming together for 8 weeks of 2 1⁄2 hour mindfulness training sessions. There is also an additional full day on retreat in the second half of the course. The intention of MBSR is to support us in developing a regular practice of mindfulness in both formal and informal ways. Each week participants explore mindfulness ideas, practice meditations and discuss how mindfulness can be applied in everyday living. Mindfulness is a natural quality that is easily forgotten as we get into the habit of increasingly busy and frantic lifestyles.
who is it for?
This program is for adults who are interested in discovering how mindfulness may be applied in their lives. The skills are simple and easy to learn and can be practiced by everyone.
MBSR is recognized as complementary to traditional medical and psychological treatments, rather than a replacement, and has been proven effective in helping people living with:
ANXIETY | WORK , FAMILY AND FINANCIAL STRESS | ASTHMA |CANCER | CHRONIC ILLNESS AND PAIN | DEPRESSION | EATING DISTURBANCES | FATIGUE|GASTRO – INTESTINAL DISTRESS| GRIEF|HEADACHES| HEART DISEASE|HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE| PANIC ATTACKS|POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER| SKIN DISORDERS|SLEEP PROBLEMS
Summary of the course
- The course will teach new ways to handle our body sensations, thoughts and emotions.
- It develops skills that make us better equipped in taking care of our well-being, and managing stress and adversities more effectively – be they physical, mental, social or emotional.
- Throughout the course you will be developing skills that make it easier to be with whatever we are experiencing, both the positive and negative, pleasant or unpleasant. This allows us to respond to situations more mindfully and from a state of presence rather than mindlessly reacting.
- During the course you will learn that there are generally two ways we can handle difficulties, either we change the situation or we change how we deal with the situation. And often times the former is not an option so it’s very beneficial to learn new ways of relating to difficulties.
Scientific studies are showing that participants of MBSR courses (compared to those not taking the course or taking alternative courses) are consistently reporting less stress, tension and
anxiety, greater concentration and empathy for others and generally feel more energised and engaged in life. Neuroscience is showing that regular practice really does change the physical
structure of our brains. Even for those who are skeptical about the practices.
Together we create a safe and supportive enviorment where we will experience:
- guided instruction in core mindfulness meditation practices
- group discussions to grow our skills of awareness in everyday life
- experiential activities to explore our common human experience of stress reactivity
- developing a new, wiser, relationship with our thoughts, emotions, and reactions
- gentle stretching and mindful movement
- how mindfulness can support us in accessing our skills for creative responding in the face of difficulty
The schedule is:
- Tuesdays from 18:00 – 20:00 CET
- WEEKLY 2,5 h SESSIONS | via zoom for 8 weeks in a row (practical activities, meditations, discuccions)
- DAILY HOME PRACTICE | guided meditations from audio, unformal activities, journaling, reflecting with guidance from the workbook
- RETREAT DAY | 6 h silent activities via zoom
The general price is 275 Euros
(In case you’d need a discount or feel like supporting someone else’s participation choose how much you would like to pay.)
- 8 weekly 2,5 hour-long sessions
- 6 hour-long retreat day
- over 10 recorded meditations
- participants handbook
- optional personal teacher support
- the materials are also avilable in hungarian